-
April 3rd, 2003, 05:25 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I found something pretty spiffy on Yahoo Japan -- five auctions for Cain doujinshi!
Edit:
Cain doujinshi search on Yahoo JP
(The search was worded so that it will continue to tell people if any Cain doujinshi are available in the future; it just won't show the 5 auctions we won, since those are finished.)
So I was thinking -- if 5 people here got together to pool some $$ to order them, each of the 5 of us would up with permanent custody of the physical copy of one of the 5, AND we'd also have the ability to scanslate 'em for everyone else's benefit -- I'll translate if other people will scan and edit...?
My best guess is that it'd end up being in the $10-$15 neighborhood per doujinshi. Possibly less than $10 if they don't get bid on by anyone else... so would anybody else be willing to "sponsor" a doujinshi that way, and end up with your own copy of it and the knowledge that you're helping out fellow fans? ^_^
Going for food now... ^^;;;
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 08, 2003 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>
Ed: Thought I'd rename the thread since we've got the buyers and are now working out the coordination of scanning and editing...
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 23, 2003 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>
-
April 4th, 2003, 01:53 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I would. In fact I would chip in for two(I really like the first and third one, but deciding who gets what can be taken care of later after we win, lol...)
Btw you will be thinking in a sec I am sure, who the heck is this? I am new to the forum, but have been visiting Sakura-crisis for about a month now and I am an avid doujinshi collector. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 03, 2003 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Rubyjuls ]</font>
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 03, 2003 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Rubyjuls ]</font>
-
April 4th, 2003, 07:23 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Cool! ^_^
I like #2 and #4, but I like #1 too -- oh heck, I want to read 'em all! Which is why the mass scanslation idea appeals to me so much... ^__~
I'll sign up for a couple myself, or else just one if we have lots of people interested, because I've also got a couple emailed and PMed maybes...
Is anybody else in the "I definitely want one!" camp, or should we start sorting this out among the current crop of "definitelys" and "maybes"?
-
April 4th, 2003, 11:03 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I would love to buy one and share it with the public but see I have a little problem >.<
I hate problems....See I would definatly buy one [img]smile.gif[/img] but see I can not translate it.....I would be more then glad to scan though ^^ but see I need to wait till I get my scanner back cause it broke and unless you guys are in a hurry to do this I won't be of much help....>__<
Sorry for these inconvenience but I would be more then glad to buy one and scan it for you guys ^^
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 04, 2003 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Yaoi Manga Girl ]</font>
-
April 5th, 2003, 01:16 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Oh hey, no problem if you can't translate!
(sweatdrop) Here's how I imagined the process going...
1) I bid on the things from Yahoo Japan and they get shipped to me
2) Either I translate all of 'em and then mail 'em to people who want to scan 'em, or they go first to people who want to scan 'em and then come back to me for translating
3) After they've been translated and scanned, they get mailed to the people who paid for them (i.e. the buyers don't also have to be scanners and translators ^^; [img]wink.gif[/img]
4) the translating and scanning goes to editors and editors make it pretty and S-C.net has more material to post for all of us to drool over ^_^
How's that sound to folks?
Back to ACen mad video schedule planning... ^^;;
-
April 5th, 2003, 01:28 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Your plan sounds good to me. I have no problem scanning(I could translate, but my skills are not that great yet so it would take me very very long) so it sounds like a great plan to me that you translate which ever I end up buying then send them on to me to scan. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
April 5th, 2003, 03:20 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I got no moey nor ywuld my parents want me to buy any manga-relate stuff so if I could halp a little in editing i'd be more then glad.
-
April 5th, 2003, 09:02 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Have I understood it right? You bid and I only have to send the money to you? Well, in that case, I want to buy one. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
April 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Ya that sounds great [img]smile.gif[/img] I will definatly buy one then ^^ and scan it for ya guys ^^ Just ummm...are you going to translate them first and then send 'em to people who want to scan or are they going to go first to the people who want to scan 'em and then back to you to translate.....I hope that makes sense and that I got it right ^^;;;;
Oh and the money how are we going to do that...cause if we have to send you the money how are we going to do it. Cause see I live all the way in Canada and I am just woundering if it has to be american money??
-
April 5th, 2003, 03:47 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Okay, wow! Lots of volunteers! ^__^
I was thinking PayPal would be about the easiest way to do it because I don't think you have to deal with as many conversion charges and things -- I'd just have to find out the difference between everyone's native currency and dollars and do a little math up front to say what it would work out to for you...
About the translating vs scanning sequence: I've been wondering about that too. ^^;; It occurred to me it might be most time-efficient if I just ran the things through a Xerox and translated from the copies while sending out the originals to be scanned, but that might hurt the spines, so maybe I should just sit my tail down and have a mad translating spree over a weekend and then mail 'em out... I guess it'll depend on how many we win and how long they end up being! ^^;;;
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks